Barbeque Chicken in the slow-cooker is an easy and delicious meal for any family! It’s easy to cook and serve in a variety of ways. This is definitely a go-to recipe for an easy weeknight meal or a Sunday after church meal.
We love this recipe because it has simple ingredients, it’s easy to modify for taste preferences, and we can serve it in a variety of ways. It takes less than 5 minutes to throw everything together, turn on the slow cooker, and then you can walk away while it cooks. How easy is that?
Tips For Making Slow-Cooker BBQ Chicken
- I like to use a variety of bbq sauces to get a good solid flavor. I usually purchase 2-3 different flavors of store brand bbq and use some of each sauce to get great flavor!
- Utilize a slow cooker liner when you make this recipe. It makes clean up such a breeze!
- You can use frozen chicken or thawed chicken. For frozen chicken, cook 6-8 hours on low. For thawed chicken, you can cook on 4-6 hours low.
Ideas For Serving BBQ Chicken
- Serve on slider buns for bbq slider sandwiches
- Shred and serve like a pulled chicken plate
- Shred chicken and serve on top of a salad
- Make BBQ chicken pizzas! On top of a pizza crust layer barbeque sauce, chicken, sliced red onion and mozarella cheese.
- Serve on top of baked potatoes
- Use the meat for bbq chicken tacos
Sides to Serve with BBQ Chicken
- Baked beans
- Kettle chips
- Potato salad
- French fries or sweet potato fries
- Macaroni and cheese
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, can use fresh or frozen
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbeque sauce, I like to mix a variety of sauces for premium flavor
- ¼ cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- Place slow cooker liner in slow-cooker (optional for easier clean up)
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow-cooker and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Is a separate bowl, mix barbeque sauce, Zesty Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken and cook. For thawed chicken, you can cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. For frozen chicken, cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- When chicken is done, shred the meat with 2 forks. Return the chicken to the sauce and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. This will allow the chicken to soak up all the extra goodness!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/4 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 845mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 38g
More Delicious Recipes From Our Kitchen
- Simple & Rustic Chicken Pot Pie
- Classic Chili Family Recipe: Homemade, Flavorful & Easy
- Easy Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Burritos
- Family-Friendly Comfort Food Chicken and Rice